Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Why do ePortfolios & use a blog.....
Jenny Luca from Australia wrote a very insightful & succinct blog post describing the core reasons. She writes much better than I do.
5 Reasons Why Our Students Are Writing Blogs and Creating ePortfolios
1) Creating & controlling a positive digital footprint (think college admissions & future employers)
2) Communicating with digital tools (21st century skill)
3) Transparency for parents & family (want to know how your student is doing/ read their blog)
4) New ways of thinking about web tools (new learning tools, new assessment tools)
5) Effective digital citizenship (proper use of the web ; legal & ethical)